I eat these like they are candy. And unfortunately I do not have any exact measurements for you. But it’s flexible! So don’t worry, and I’ll give you a guideline.
Also, does anyone else have the mental debate about whether they are brussel sprouts or brussels sprouts. Siri says brussels. The spelling gods have spoken!
I only took one picture. I ate them too fast for more. And they’re best hot. But they’re also good cold.
Did I mention that I eat them like candy? Here’s the printable un-recipe card!
- 1 bag of frozen brussels spouts, thawed (or about a pound of fresh ones, cleaned and bad leaves cut off)
- 3 tablespoons (or so) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste (lots of salt and pepper, red pepper flakes are HOT and a little goes a long way)
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Get a rimmed baking sheet and cover it in aluminum foil for easy clean up. Then spread out your brussels sprouts, and cover them in everything else. Toss. If you can, try to keep the garlic on top of the sprouts and not on the pan. But if you can’t, that’s cool.
- Stick them in the oven for about 25 minutes. Then pull them out and stir them around. Put them back in for about 10 minutes.
- Then take them out and if they’re all brown on the outside, they’re ready to eat! (If they’re not, put them in again in 10 minute intervals until they look how you want). Dump them in a bowl with the crisped up garlic and oil and toss again. Then serve.